Friday 20 March 2015

Me a writer? its a talent, a skill....umm which i dont posess

I do have two questions left, one i missed by accident and the other im thinking on....a dangerous habit for me!

I had an interesting email yesterday from a UK kink online magazine, (apparently someone put my name forth..no idea whom) enquiring if i would be interested in penning some articles, would be paid (not a lot), about topics pertaining to bdsm and  M/s, on a contracted basis, i did chuckle at this paragraph

"We are looking for a confident, experienced person that would write articles on BDSM, based on their life's experiences as a submissive or slave, we invite you to send us a sample article on a topic of your choosing.  We are aiming to provide our readers with real life experiences, educational tutorials, advice, facts rather than fiction...."

OK

so, i have been with Master 10 years, not really a lifes experience is it!..and confident..me?  in some ways yes but not a lot

No, im not putting myself down, i have learnt a lot, and im still learning, and i hope to still be in another 10, 20 years time, but i certainly dont consider myself to be in a position to be a 'voice' for anyone other than myself.

I have plenty of experience, yes, but of course i dont know it all, not that im suggesting that they expect me to, but nevertheless im uncomfortable with the idea that my 'voice' could be in any way be interpreted as being along the lines of 'this is how you should do xyz' or 'you should be xyz' ....because personally it winds me up when you come across articles or such that make blanket statements in that vein.

Now it did intrigue me enough that although i would not want to commit myself full time as such, i would depending on negotiations, what they expect etc, but mostly how Master thinks about it, write one article..possibly.

But theres the problem, i know my limitations, what im good at and what im not, and writing is a skill, one which i know i dont possess, blogging is all very well, but its not the same as writing something that is destined to be published in the public arena.

I think im best sticking to my little corner of blogland.




8 comments:

  1. I'd be happy to edit. Then get some else after me. Haha! Actually, I can edit the wazoo out of everyone's writings, just not mine.

    I think you should do it. I know your experience, etc., inspires me -a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you

      Im still thinking about it, i have some reservations.

      but thanks

      x

      Delete
  2. I would read/edit also, if you would be comfortable with my eyes on the piece.
    Do it, Tori.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and p.s. I hope you saw my reply back to your last comment.

      Delete
    2. thank you, i wouldnt mind someone else reading it, if i did do it, im just not sure atm.

      I did, now i figured out where your post updates were going to....im checking in more often lol

      x

      Delete
  3. You are a good writer. It's not all about correct grammar and spelling, an independent eye will spot those, it's about engaging and communicating with the reader. Your writing flows and you are able to express yourself well. There are plenty of us who will proof for you. Start with something you're comfortable writing and work from there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, i do appreciate you saying that

      I think its a lack of confidence as well, its not something im comfortable with, i am though going to give a lot of thought.

      x

      Delete
  4. Hi Tori, I agree with DF, you are a good writer and your writing flows and is engaging. You do have plenty of experience, which means you have a lot to offer should you choose to do it. I would put my hand up to proof for you also.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete