Saturday 9 March 2013

Responsible to my readers

I try to have the weekends off from blogging (writing a post that is), but i got all inspired when i read this recent comment.

Should what i write here take into account how it might effect those who read my words?,  do i have a responsibility to those that read my words? 

A comment left on my post http://painspleasure.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/a-long-really-long-one.html?showComment=1362866714440 if you want to read it in full for yourself, posed some questions, the commenter was anonymous, which is no surprise as the comment was shall we say very judgemental....and it didnt upset me..thats progress.

However as its question and answer month im breaking down the comment and answering it, and im going to try very hard to lay off the sarcasm!

1.  Have you actually thought about what your submitting to?

Of course, although its hard to really gain a genuine understanding until one is experiencing it, in fact i probably over think too much.

2.  Do you have any idea of what generations of women went through to gain freedom from the 'master/slave' dynamic?

I enjoy history very much, women have indeed fought very hard to be treated as equals..and so they should be, the thing is this (ie me and my Masters relationship) is based on consent, i have chosen this, as a woman i have chosen as is my right to live a lifestyle that makes me happy..i am truely free.

3.  Do you realise that some people will think ALL women want this and therefore we are, indeed asking for it?

The people that may think this clearly have problems, because any sane individual that is balanced will know to separate right from wrong, and to think that all women want this isnt the workings of a balanced mind.  Those that read me regularly have a more informed opinion, those that stumble on my blog might be a little taken aback because its a lifestyle they have no understanding of and they move on, some are even ignorant enough to voice their negative opinions when they clearly have no idea of what they are talking about..they read one post and draw the worst from it.

4.  I expect you think '50 shades' is romantic?

gosh no, i thought it was shit!

Thankyou for your questions.















15 comments:

  1. :) This is a very kind response to a very judgmental commenter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too ancilla, considering she has no idea what she is talking about!

      x

      Delete
  2. Good for you! How nasty some people are..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks.

      Im all for people expressing their opinions but not in ignorance.

      x

      Delete
  3. Wow, great answers. And good for you to answer them honestly rather than hitting the delete button on the comment. I am eternally grateful for the struggles of women who came before me so that we have achieved at least a modicum of equality. I stand humbly on their shoulders.

    But like most of us in TTWD, I submit to no one but my Master, certainly not men in general. In my career, I am well-respected by both women and men, a leader and in no way submissive. What we all do in the privacy of our homes for personal fulfillment (and consistent with self-respect) is nothing short of the epitome of freedom.

    hugs, squirrel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks squirrel

      I deliberated on deleting it and some of them i do but this one just warranted feedback!

      x

      Delete
  4. Hi tori - I LOVE this post - (nearly busted a gut on the 50 Shades comment, lol - just a thought - her question rather implies that she read it, eh? hmmmmmmm)

    In regard to question 2 - to assume that all women want this kind of lifestyle is to assume that all women are sheep - one dimensional, incapable of thought and expressing or pursuing desire on their own - rather a lot more insulting than being forthright enough to say we submit because it fulfills us.

    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi June

      lmao..i couldnt resist a little bit of sarcasm..and yes i interpreted her comment as implying she had read it!

      Absolutley, i found it insulting also.

      x

      Delete
  5. hi tori...fab post and as usual a very honest reply...like squirrel i agree to know that others have the same type of difficulties we all have in the lifestyle...obviously they dont understand the dynamics of it...as for 50 shades i read it and totally agree with your reply..smiles

    blossom x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi blossom

      I dont mind opinions blossom, i dont even mind genuine questions querying my relationship, what i do mind is someone sitting in judgement without knowing the full facts.

      x

      Delete
  6. tori,

    I compliment you for answering the questions so well.

    Hug,
    joey

    ReplyDelete
  7. This person is obviously educated if they're preforming surgery, but apparently are lacking common sense if they believe that someone would read your blog and think that all women want to be involved in a M/s relationship. To state that your blog or any blog for that matter has that much influence is ludicrous. I think you handled their questions very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i would agree which is why i find it puzzling that someone with a degree of inteligence can make judgements on something they clearly dont understand and have no knowledge of.

      x

      Delete
  8. Lol, Tori. What a great post to catch up on.

    ReplyDelete