Tuesday 5 June 2012

Guilty time out

Its been a really busy weekend which has carried on through to Monday and today being as its the huge celebration of the Queens jubilee, so im just looking forward to getting kids to bed and having a glass (or 2 or 3) of wine.  We had a huge party in the school sports field thankfully the weather co-operated, i got lumbered with doing 4 hours of  face painting due to someone being sick....art is not my thing but the children were happy and thats all that mattered.

I have been to church as my daughter was playing the flute in the service, attended 2 street parties with my daughter with the guides then the drama group she attends, took my children to see a beacon being lit up high on a field out out of town, sat through my sons rugby tournment in the pouring rain, went with my mum to her retirement dinner and had my nephew to stay one night as he left home after arguing with my brother.....its been a long tiring, stressful long weekend mostly doing for others...so why do i feel guilty today just wanting me time.

Sometimes i would love an 'off' button just occassionally....so i will settle for just a few hours of time out.

8 comments:

  1. Wouldn't an off button be lovely? Wine helps!

    Hugs,
    mouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh it would mouse but as thats not going to happen wine will just have to do lol

      tori x

      Delete
  2. A time out break can be a good idea.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so if only for a very short time.

      tori x

      Delete
  3. I have told my husband the off button is located on my backside, lol. I just need his help to push it on occasion :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This made me chuckle, im not sure where my off switch would be located.

      tori x

      Delete
  4. Wow, you do need an off button! What a crazy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness not in one day lol i think that would make me superhuman..and that im definitley not! it was in a long weekend but still exhausting.

      tori x

      Delete