I started blogging in 2007, at Masters request, i took a long break of nearly 3 years, around 2009, i wrote posts, but not published, every so often i will publish one, but getting to the point, the conversation was around the frustration of feeling like she doesnt fit in, lack of interaction etc
Apologies for not getting around to this sooner, i get distracted easily :)...of course this is based on how i use blogger.
1) When i read someone's post, i read the comments as well, if its a comment from someone im not familiar with, i click on name, and sometimes (not always) add them to my blogroll.
2) Dont feel obligated to comment on every post of bloggers you follow, if i did i would spend more time on here, i spend enough as it is! i do however like to comment, sometimes i consider stopping blogging myself and just read and comment on others blogs...i would be content with doing that.
3) When you get a comment, try to make the time to reply to it, i figure if someone has taken 5 minutes of their time to make that comment, its appreciated when its replied to.....however, some dont, dont take this personally, its how they blog.
4) I allow anonymous comments, because some people are genuine, they just have no wish to blog, you can always set your blog to comments having to be approved if it concerns you..what might be said etc
5) Write for you, not for an audience, try not to fall into the trap of obsessing over stats/number of followers, not important....well of course its nice to have followers, but what i mean is..as i read somewhere recently (Bleuame) quality is better than quantity.
6) Although March is generally q&a month in Blogland, dont be afraid to ask questions at any other time, as long as one is polite and not crossing the line into a bloggers privacy..most bloggers are more than happy to answer.
7) Dont compare yourself, your relationship to others, i was very guilty of this when i first started out, its of no benefit, serves no purpose, diversity is a good thing, and no matter how experienced, or how old one is...everyone can learn something new, or value anothers opinion.
Ok, thats all i can think in respect of tips/advice..anyone got anything else...feel free to tag it on.