Saturday 14 February 2015

So, i rather enjoyed it

Went to the cinema last night to watch 50 shades.   I liked it, more enjoyable than the books, but i think what made it more enjoyable was going with a girlfriend, and having a laugh, going in with the attitude of not taking it seriously, its not meant to be, i think, in my opinion.

Throughout the film there was laughter from the audience, and it was funny, sometimes slightly corny, it was difficult in places not to find it irritating but i think thats because i was watching from the perspective of being someone in the type of relationship im in.

I thought the sex and the kink scenes were well done, totally romanticised but then arent most films that way?  and Jamie Dornan has a nice ass! well nice everything come to that lol

Its certainly not what i would call a mans film but yet there were quite a lot of men there, im guessing begrudgingly dragged to watch it by their girlfriends.

For me what made it was being with the girlfriend, she knows some of what me and Master engage in so we had a fair bit of banter about it, her comment of "if thats what you both get up to, i want in" made me laugh.

My biggest criticisms was when it ended, it was with anna leaving him after he had punished her, this annoyed me because of the way it was portrayed, she asked him to punish her, she wanted to know what to expect, so he did, and she didnt like it, went cold on him and left him.....and the film ended.

It came across badly and left me understanding why some people have had such an adverse reaction to the film, it didnt exactly portray D/s in a positive light, it was ok i thought until that moment.

However, its best to just accept it as it was intended, like many of the same books of its type...fantasy fiction.

Afterwards we went for some dinner, discussed the film, and her perspective was very different, she had no problem with it at all, she found it hot and interesting,  so i do wander if perhaps i was more critical because i was comparing it to what i know, how we (as in Master and i) do things.















13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks Misty, i honestly would recommend especially out with some girlie friends.

      x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I know many in the kink community won't be seeing the film and have strong feelings against it. I generally try to avoid having strong opinions on things that I haven't seen or experienced in person, which isn't always easy! I might go and see it with some vanilla friends, which could be fun or awkward, not sure how I feel about that, since they don't know anything about what I do or write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think thats the best way to be...to avoid having strong opinions on something one hasnt seen or experienced..it easy to get distracted by what others might think about something, and i can be guilty of that.

      x

      Delete
  3. Hi Tori, thank you for sharing your opinion on the film, I'm definitely curious to see it having read the book. Glad you enjoyed it. The comment from your girlfriend made me laugh.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go, if only to ease your curiosity lol

      ah i love my girlfriend she is just so relaxed and good to be around.

      x

      Delete
  4. That's just how the book ends though. Have you not read it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have, well i skimmed through it, couldnt remember the end though which is perhaps why in the film it stuck out so much.

      x

      Delete
    2. I was thinking the same thing.

      I was super irritated at the book for the same reason - she ASKED to be punished, and honestly, her punishment wasn't that bad - especially in the realm of a BDSM book. Then she freaks out over it. I just wanted to throw the book through a window!

      Delete
  5. I love that you had such a good time with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Bleuame

      Its worth going to see, i had an enjoyable evening

      x

      Delete
  6. Both Sir and I have read it. We're waiting for the DVD release to watch it together at home. Thanks for your honest review, I've been struggling with enjoying the book and hoping to enjoy the film as well.

    And I think you're right. If you don't take it too seriously, then you can enjoy it for what it is, a movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The books, especially i think the 2nd and 3rd ones did start going down paths that i didnt like, like the association with Grey having 'issues'....its like if your a dominant or a sadist its because you have some damaging history!

      But yeah best not to take it too seriously.

      x

      Delete